Saturday, June 25, 2011

A Grand Day Out

Last Sunday I took a trip to one of the best museums here in San Francisco, the de Young museum. This year they are hosting a exhibit called "Balenciaga and Spain" from the title you can guess they were showing the work of Christobal Balenciaga and how he drew inspiration from Spain. The dresses were beautiful, and you could really see how he drew inspiration from his background, art and religion. I can't say which dress I was attracted to the most because they were all magnificant. I was able to get a bit close to some of the dresses and see the backs of others. I wish I could share pictures of the dresses but alas no photos in the gallery, but I did manage to locate some. After the exhibit I decided to find a cold drink and sit and listen to the band playing in the ampitheater, I do have to say that it was a beautiful day for being outside and having a inspirational day.









No comments:

Post a Comment